New York Architecture Images-New York Architects

Harold Perry






Harold Perry, son of Charles Edwin and Emma (Payne) Erskine, was born at Racine, Wisconsin, June 5, `879.  He received his preparatory education at Pasadena, California, and then at Philips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts, and was graduated from Williams College in 1902, where he belonged to the Delta Psi Society  He was two years at Columbia University, and was for three years at the Ecole des Beaux Arts, Paris.  He is an architect by profession, and started in partnership with Wendell P. Blagden,  and Elliott W. Hazzard.  Already this firm has several buildings to the credit of its members.  They have built the Springs Building at 29-31 West thirty-eighth Street; the Schneider anderson Building at 1618 West Forty-sixth Street; two police stations for the city, and the Lord and Taylor Building at Fifth Avenue and Thirty-eighth and Thirty Ninth Streets.  In 1910 and 1911 Mr. Erskine traveled in East Central Africa, China and other places, shooting big game, and has made a collection of antelope, lion, rhinoceros, and buffalo trophies.  He belongs to the St. Anthony Club.  He is an independent in politics, a Presbyterian in religion.